NATURE OF THE PRODUCT
Java Plum uses very high quality genuine leather. Slight variations are part of the natural character of the leather and are the hallmark of genuine leather. Every leather is unique and natural irregularities highlight the individuality of each product. Each of our products is meticulously handmade, one piece at a time. Subtle variations are part of the inherent nature of hand-craftsmanship.
All leather products may show some weathering with use. These are all part of the beauty of genuine leather. However, to keep your bag looking its best, we recommend the following:
- For naked leather products, please refer to the special care section.
- For suede products, use a soft brush to remove dirt and dust.
- For other types of leather, dust or surface dirt can be removed by wiping gently with a soft, slightly damp cloth. Do not rub or wash with water or any other chemical.
- Protect from grease. Our leather care powder may remove grease stains. Sprinkle liberally, leave overnight and wipe off.
- Try not to get it wet although our leathers (except for naked leather) are treated to be water resistant. If your bag does become wet, wipe gently with a soft cloth and let it air dry. Do not expose it to heat.
- Please store your bag in the protective dust bag in a cool, dry place away from heat and harsh light. Never store leather in plastic as it cannot breathe.
Naked Leather is the most natural form of leather. It is leather for a true connoisseur. It is untreated with no finishes except dyeing. Natural markings and tone variations are part of the real character of the leather and make each bag unique. Naked leather ages beautifully over time and use acquiring a rich, honey brown patina.
NAKED LEATHER CARE
- Wipe gently with a soft cloth to remove dust and surface dirt. Do not rub or wash with water or any other chemical.
- Please protect your bag from water. If your bag gets wet, the leather will darken temporarily - wipe gently with a soft cloth and let it dry naturally. The leather will return to its normal colour when dry.
- Do keep your bag away from grease and oil, as these mark naked leather.
- If you do get a grease stain on your bag, our leather care powder may remove the stain. Sprinkle liberally, leave overnight and wipe off gently with a soft cloth.
- Please store your bag in a cool, dry place away from heat and harsh light, in the protective dust bag provided. Never store leather in plastic as it cannot breathe.